Being pregnant and having a baby is an exciting experience.
Becoming a Mom is a prenatal education program created for pregnant women. The information provided is designed to improve participants' chances of having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Classes serve as a source of social support for the women and allow them the opportunity to connect with other mothers in a similar situation.
The program has been implemented in a variety of settings, including community-based organizations, churches and worksites, and it is taught by trained facilitators. Becoming a Mom takes a holistic approach to caring for the family, using education that helps women enhance their well-being.
Signing Up is Easy and Free! Contact the Clay County Health Department at 785-632-3193.
Our programs we offer:
- Prenatal Education Class
- Parenting Education Class
Becoming A Mom - Prenatal Education Class
To improve the health of moms, so their baby’s are healthier, too. Join us as we share new parent information, meet other moms and dads in the area, and have fun getting ready for baby’s arrival!
Our Incentive Program
- If you attend 3 prenatal sessions you will receive ONE Mega Pack of diapers and ONE package of wipes at the end of your pregnancy.
- Download Our Incentive Program pdf»
Attend 4 Sessions - Choose One Item
Attend 5 Sessions - Choose One Item
What you'll learn
- Session 1 - Pregnancy Overview: Discomforts of Pregnancy Eating Healthy; Infections & STD's; Making healthy choices; Oral Health; Prenatal Care/screening; and Smoking, Drinking and Drugs
- Session 2 - You and Your Pregnancy: Pre-term Labor; Depression in Pregnancy & Postpartum; Positive Relationships; Relieving Stress; and Exercising during Pregnancy.
- Session 3 - Feeding your Baby: The Basics and Benefits; and how to be successful!
- Session 4 - Labor and Delivery: The Basics; Stages of Labor Breathing; Pushing; Pain Management; and Review and Questions.
- Session 5 - Healthy After Pregnancy: Postpartum Changes; and Birth Spacing.
- Session 6 - Newborn and Infant Care: Bathing your baby; Choking; Diaper Changin; Swaddling; The 5 S's; and Immunizations.
Costs: This class is free.
Located: All Classes will be at the Clay County Health Department.
To Register or Questions Call: 785-632-3193.
Class Dates and Times
- Download pdf for upcoming classes for moms and dads who are due in April 2024>> Becoming a Mom Schedule April 2024.pdf
- Download pdf for upcoming classes for moms and dads who are due in May 2024>> Becoming a Mom Schedule May 2024.pdf
- Download pdf for upcoming classes for moms and dads who are due in June 2024>> Becoming a Mom Schedule June 2024.pdf