|CCMC Home - Patient & Visitor|
The first publicly owned hospital in Clay Center was built in 1925 at 2121 Seventh Street by the City of Clay Center. The building presently houses the Clay County Museum. The hospital was transferred to county ownership in 1954.
In 1962 the present facility was built by Clay County. In 1973 a tornado seriously damaged the east part and it was promptly repaired. In 1987 the building was enlarged and completely redecorated. In 1993 a 12,000 foot addition was added to house up to 8 physicians and some added space for the hospital. In 1998 four additions were made to the facility, they are: a Wellness/Fitness Center, an Outpatient Clinic, a Nurses Center and expansion of the kitchen storage area.
DONATIONS & MEMORIALS
Incorporated in 1987 as a separate organization, the Clay County Hospital Foundation is ommmitted in its ission of support the Medical Center inj meeting the health care needs of the community. In today's realities of continually rising costs, shrinking reimbursement and the increasing number of people who need medical help, the Foundation and its benefactors can make a difference.
The Foundation Board of Trustees works to preserve and strengthen the health care system by encouraging support through a variety of charitable giving programs.
If you would like to contribute to the foundation or would like more information, please visit the website at: www.foundation.ccmcks.org