Dusty Mullin presented Austin M. Gillard, CEO and Marcia Newell a check from the Marc C. Fullington Estate in the amount of $5,000.00 for the Clay County Hospital Foundation.
Born in 1941 in Clay Center, KS, Marc grew up here and graduated from Clay Center Community High School in 1959. He then attended the College of Emporia. As an adult, Marc owned and operated Fullington’s Lumber and Stonwurks in Clay Center. Marc and his wife, Barbara (Caldwell) were invested in this community. They raised their four children and had thirty-six years together as husband and wife. During his lifetime, Marc’s dedication to Clay Center and the surrounding communities was evidenced by his membership in Kiwanis; First Presbyterian Church; the Konza and the Kansas State Alumni Association.
Through his estate planning, that legacy of giving continues. With the support of Marc’s remaining family, his son, Brad, in his capacity as Representative, is carrying out his father’s final wishes by making donations to the following charities:
- Clay Center Street Department
- Clay County Hospital Foundation
- Clay County Historical Society
- Clay Cenetr Community Improvement Foundation
- Greenwood Cemetery
- First Presbyterian Church
- Presbyterian Manor Good Samaritan Fund
- KSU College of Human Ecology
- Johnson Cancer Research Center